- She crawls around, sometimes on her knees, sometimes on her feet. The change up keeps her from gaining much speed, but she still manages to get around.
- She has recently discovered she can pull up on things such as Daddy, the ottoman, her crib, and the exersaucer. She doesn't take any steps when she pulls up, but standing is a new favorite activity of hers.
- She gets peas, carrots, and rice at some point 1-2 times a day. Sometimes she loves it and eats a full serving. Other times we're lucky if she eats two bites.
- She enjoys spitting - especially after being fed carrots or peas.
- She has learned to smack her lips. I think a grandparent taught her that one!
- Sleep is unpredictable. Some nights she does great getting 7-9 hr stretches. Other nights we get 5. Lately it has taken 2-3 tries to get her down at night. And yes we are letting her cry it out, she's just stubborn. We did have one night of 11 straight hours. We've not had a repeat yet. Naps are 2-3 a day for an hour or 1.5 at a time. Usually.
- She has 26-32 oz of formula a day. She is a straight formula baby now and I think she's finally starting to put some weight on! Work was too busy and Mikaela was losing interest in Mommy (she couldn't look around if mommy fed her) so we hit 6 months and went to straight formula. I am still working to increase her oz intake, but she is so busy that she just doesn't want to take the time to eat more than a little bit.
- Bath time is a favorite activity. She likes to hit her boats on the side of the tub and make lots of noise. She also likes to get sprayed with the water bottle to be rinsed off. We are looking forward to swimming this summer.
- She likes to make "lemon face" a lot where she squishes up her nose. My mom said I did that as a kid as well, so I guess she comes by it honestly. It's pretty cute. I think there are pictures in earlier posts.
- All in all, she's a pretty happy go lucky kiddo. She gets cranky if we are on-the-go too much and she is stuck in her car seat too long, but she's a trooper.
- No teeth yet but we think they are coming. She runs a slight fever almost daily (99.7 range) and sleep is so irregular. She's also a little more cranky than normal. Hopefully if this is teething, the little teeth will pop out soon!
- I haven't weighed her but two weeks ago she was 13 lb 14 oz, so I'm guessing she's around 15 lbs now. She's definitely growing in length. Her feet are getting close to reaching the end of her carseat. She'll be able to kick the seat of the car very soon. We measured at Graem-mas on the growth chart and she was 25 in. Long and lean.
That's all for now. Congrats to those who read this! Mostly I write it all down so that when I finally get around to scrapbooking her first year, I'll have this info to add.
No comments:
Post a Comment