Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mike

Today is Mike's 30th birthday. To celebrate, I took him to a Ranger Game on Saturday night. Here we are all decked out in our Ranger's gear.

Our original seats were right behind home plate in the upper section.

Tom Thumb threw out the first pitch.
A view from our original seats. It was actually a great location.
As part of the surprise, I invited as many of our friends as could come to join us for the game. He didn't know this until they all started showing up. Thanks friends for helping make Mike's birthday extra special!
The bonus was something unexpected. After the tickets had been purchased and everything was a go, a friend of mine from church got 4 tickets, 1st row, right behind the dugout on the 1st base side from her boss for that game. She kindly gave them to us. So... after everyone arrived and we took some pictures and visited, Mike and I and a couple of friends went down to those prime seats for the second half of the game. Below are pictures of just how close we were.



An added bonus was the fact that we were about 20 ft from Nolan Ryan who watched the game on the front row behind home plate. We became a slightly less obnoxious paparazzi.

The Rangers won, beating the White Sox 3-1. Here are the players heading into the dugout.
Post game interview
Also, it was hat night.

Happy Birthday, Mike! I hope it was memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment