This morning was the Tarrant County Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K. I was extremely nervous as I had a personal goal to run the entire thing and not walk at all. Except for tying my shoe at mile 2, I accomplished my goal. It was very difficult but I'm glad I did it. I plan to run many more. If you'd asked me 3 months ago, I'd have never guessed I could do it, nor would I have described it as fun, but it really was. I don't have the group shot yet (must get it from the team captain) nor do I have the total amount raised by our team yet, but thanks to all who donated and when I get those things, I'll post again. For now, here are the pictures I took.
Mike was able to join our team last week because his parents came and watched Mikaela for us. Thank you Gran and Papa Bill! Mikaela had a great time and we really enjoyed doing this together!

Above: Mike and I after the race. He finished in about 33 minutes; I finished in about 39.
Below: Our team shirt. We were "Bethie's Angels" in honor of Kylar (team captain)'s aunt who is currently battling the disease.

With my friend Mel. I know it was hard but thanks Mel for joining the team!

The original 3 members (from left to right): Jenny, Kylar, Me

Melissa and Jon with Mike and me.

Me and Jenny after the race.

Before the race...

And I threw in a cute Mikaela picture. She's wearing a "Boot Camp Baby" onesie to support her parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment